Audit of the technological process of the IV furnace building, internal heating network and buildings, as well as reconstruction and modernisation of the heating network
Re Alloys has conducted an energy audit called: “Audit of technological process of the IV furnace building, internal heating network and buildings within the Priority Programme of the NFEP&WM (National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management, pol. Narodowy Fundusz Ochrony Środowiska i Gospodarki Wodnej - NFOŚiGW) “Efficient energy production” Part 1) Subsidising energy and electricity audits in enterprises.
As a result of the audit, Re Alloys carried out a project for improving energy efficiency including modernisation and extension of the plant's heating network providing heat to the company’s facilities from a system of the waste heat recovery. The heat is used for heating and preparing the central heating water and for domestic warm water for chosen buildings of Re Alloys sp. z o.o. in Łaziska Górne.
The project “Reconstruction and modernisation of the heating network at Re Alloys” was subsidised thanks to the programme 5.8.2. of the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management “Support for entrepreneurs in the scope of low-carbon and resource efficient economy, part 2) Increase of energy efficiency”. Environmental effect of the investment is annual saving of final energy at the level of 3130 MWh/year, which results in reducing CO2 emission by 2786 Mg per each year of the investment durability.
Within the implemented project the following measures were taken:
- modernisation of the existing plant's heating network aiming at increasing its transmission capacity
- construction of connection nodes to particular facilities
- extension of modernised heating network enabling connection with other company's facilities, which were heated by electricity before
- modernisation of central heating system in the buildings supplied by the heating network
- increasing of applicative use of waste energy from furnaces cooling